There's always something that needs to be done at the Enderby Museum and Archives and we greatly appreciate the help of willing volunteers. Many of the tasks don't require previous experience and we are happy to provide any necessary training. As a volunteer you can choose days and times convenient to your own schedule and determine which task or tasks suit your skills and interests.
Jobs can be short-term, long-term, or project specific. For example, you can:
- greet visitors, answer questions, handle gift shop sales, offer tours of the museum
- assist with the cataloguing and/or care of artifacts or archival materials
- assist with interior or exterior displays: design, set-up, research, construction, signage
- assist with the development of programs for schools, tours or special events
- transcribe audio recordings of interviews and speeches
- update the rural property register
- update the cemetery list
- clip newspaper articles for our historical reference files and paste them into binders
- research and write articles for publication in the museum newsletter or on our website
Volunteering at the museum is a great way to contribute towards preserving our community's history for future generations. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Enderby & District Museum and Archives at or 250-838-7170, or stop by the museum during open hours.